[Gate-users] Install GATE in Mac os Mavericks

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:31:12 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM, pmcorreia at ua.pt wrote:
> Dear Mojca
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> Since your port is not in the official set of ports, how can I install it? Do I need to create a local repository in my computer, and download your files to there?

Yes. See https://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

To fetch the files use:
    svn co https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/mojca/ports/science/gate
I just made a few minor corrections.

The port theoretically supports +geant4100, but that doesn't work yet
(Gate developers need to adapt the code first), so please use
+geant496 (default) or +geant495 for now.

You can then start Gate.app from /Applications/MacPorts.

If the port is working as expected and if it's considered useful by
others, I can add it to the "official set of ports" (but it would be
really helpful to fetch the files from the official repository or the
official mirror then). If you find any problems, please report.

Mojca