[Gate-users] No comptonPhantom or RayleighPhantom entries for voxelized phantom

Tom Buitenhuis h.j.t.buitenhuis at rug.nl
Thu Mar 6 12:37:23 CET 2014

Dear GATE users,

I am having the same problem as Yannick Berker described on 2011-10-21. I use the ImageNestedParametrisedVolume phantom for a PET simulation. The sources are described using interfiles. Everything seems to be working correctly, i.e. the sources and phantom are in the right place and coincidences are detected. The effect of phantom attenuation is also clearly visible.

The problem that I’m having, is that in the ROOT coincidences tree there is no comptonPhantom and RayleighPhantom data. I cannot add the VoxelPhantomSD to the ImageNestedParametrisedVolume, because I get an error message saying the command is unavailable. I can add the ordinary PhantomSD, but this does not seem to add the comptonPhantom or RayleighPhantom information to the coincidence tree. The comptonCrystal and RayleighCrystal entries are correct, so I think the physics processes are registered and working correctly.

I need the comptonPhantom and RayleighPhantom information to get scatter information on coincidences.

Did anyone else come across this problem, and if so, how did you solve it? Or can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?

Regards,

Tom Buitenhuis

PhD student
KVI - Center for Advanced Radiation Technology
University of Groningen
The Netherlands