[Gate-users] a lot of NaN value in dose map of a voxelized phantom

thibault mauxion thibault.mauxion at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:05:31 CET 2014

Hi Wei,

Does it get better when you increase the number of particles?
I remember having this problem a couple of times when the number of
particles simulated was way too small (NaN for regions of very few
interactions).
I did not  dig into it to find out what was happening but you might want
to give it a try.

Thibault

On 3/5/14, 11:31 AM, Wei ZHAO wrote:

> Dear Gate user,
>
> I have calculated the dose map for a voxelized phantom which was
> generated with a CT image. The image was transfered into GATE as .h33
> and .i33 format. The dose maps was written in standard hdr/img format.
> But when I read the dose map in MATLAB, there are a lot of NaN in the
> body area and the dose value for air is fine. Did anyone know how to
> solve this problem? I will appreciate any feedback.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ht75fpvjfanw8w/doseMap.png
>
> Thank you very much!
> Best regards
> Wei