[Gate-users] geant4 solids, interfile reader

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Jun 19 10:58:57 CEST 2014

Dear Gergely,

I integrated the patches in the "develop" branch. You should be able to
look at the branch in the git source code (or in github here
<https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate>, thanks to Mojca). I quickly look and
compile everything without problem. I only perform one quick simulation
test. Could you (Gergely, Seb, Albertine ... others) please try to run some
simulations benchmarks to test ? In particular, as I do not use interfile,
please check this file format. Moreover, Gergely, could I ask you to add a
(short) description of the new shapes you provide in the documentation ?
Please, ask for a login in the wiki documentation
<http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.0:Defining_a_geometry#Creating_a_volume>
and
directly modify the text.

Thanks again for this important and really appreciated contributions !

Sincerely,
David

For those who are interested, here are the commands to apply patches:
patch -p1 < cppfix_dvolgyes.patch
(git commit etc ...)
git commit --amend --author="David Volgyes <david.volgyes at gmail.com>"

patch -p1 < geant4-geometry.patch
(git commit and add etc ...)
git commit --amend --author="Patay Gergely <patay.gergely at mediso.hu>"

patch -p1 < interfile.patch

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Patay Gergely <patay.gergely at mediso.hu>
wrote:

> Dear Gaters,
>
> here are a few patches against the upstream (ie. master branch) Gate
> source code. Since I am not a member of the collaboration, I cannot
> directly commit them into the git repository.
>
> The first patch was written by Dávid Völgyes (formerly at Mediso and at
> COMPET). These are C++ bugfixes (unchecked ranges, memory corruptions).
> [1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43097994/gate7/cppfix_
> dvolgyes.patch.gz
>
> The second patch contains Gate wrappers to all the missing Geant4 solid
> objects from http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/UserDocumentation/
> UsersGuides/ForApplicationDeveloper/html/ch04.html .
> With this patch the following extra shapes will be available: cut tube,
> elliptical cone, generic trapezoid, hyperbolic tube, parallelepiped,
> paraboloid tube, tetrahedron, torus, twisted box, twisted trapezoid,
> generic twisted trapezoid and twisted tube segment.
> [2] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43097994/gate7/geant4-
> geometry.patch.gz
>
> The third patch is a heavy modification of the Interfile reader. Besides
> some code cleaning and refactoring, it solves the following issues:
> - if the key 'name of data file' is present in the header file then it
> won't guess the name
> - the 'number of bytes per pixel' key (1,2,4,8...) is implemented
> - the 'data offset in bytes' key is implemented
> - the 'number format' key now accepts 'signed integer', 'unsigned
> integer', 'short float', 'long float' and (for convenience) 'float', as
> seen in the Interfile 3.3 standard.
> The interfile reader thus accepts signed or unsigned 8, 16, 32 or 64 bit
> integer as well as 32 (float) or 64 bit (double) floating point data from
> little or big endian binary file.
> [3] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43097994/gate7/interfile.patch.gz
>
> cheers,
>  Gergely
>
> ---
> Gergely Patay
> physicist
> Mediso Medical Imaging Systems Ltd.
> Hungary

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut