[Gate-users] [NEED TESTERS] View CT image with OpenGL within GATE

Jérôme Suhard jerome at suhard.fr
Mon Feb 17 18:31:54 CET 2014

Dears users,

* are you using CT images with ImageNestedParametrisedVolume ?
* do you would like to see them within GATE with OpenGL ?
* do you know how to compile GATE ?

If you have answered YES to all of these questions, I would like that you
take some time to try an experimental feature: image display with axial,
sagittal and coronal planes in OpenGL. A screenshot of a mouse example is
attached (opengl.gif).

== Instructions ==
Fetch up-to-date sources:
$ git clone http://git.opengatecollaboration.org/git/opengate-public.git -b
opengl-image /path/to/your/working/directory/
Compile GATE as usual with the source dir from git:
$ cmake -DGeant4_DIR= .... /path/to/your/working/directory/

At this point, if it doesn't compile for you :-(, drop me an email with
platform informations and full log attached.

== Utilisation ==
Modify the image path for a CT of your choice in attached macro minimal.mac
and launch Gate
. You should obtain similar thing like minimal.jpeg.

== Caveats ==
Only tested on Mac OS 10.9 : Linux feedbacks are appreciated,
Only tested with Qt 4.8 but should work with X11,
Only works with Immediate OpenGL mode: /vis/open OGLI, not OGL nor OGLS,
Comes from the ongoing develop version of Gate so things can be broken.

If you have some feedbacks/questions, don't hesitate.

Thank you for your participation.

Jérôme Suhard