[Gate-users] Geometry and coordination system

Stathis Kamperis ekamperi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 21:55:00 CET 2014

Dear Gate users,

I'd like your expertise regarding some very basic questions, because
I'm confused.

1. If I define a world with lengths (x,y,z) = (2,2,2) m what are the
coordinates of the center of the cube? (0,0,0) or (1,1,1)?

2. If I subsequently add a box as a daughter volume with lengths
(x,y,z) = (50, 50, 50) cm, what are the coordinates of the center of
the box ? The same as world or world + 50 along x,y,z directions ?

3. If I translate a daughter volume does the translation occur with
regard to its current position in world or with regard to world's
center ?

Thank you for your consideration and I apologize for the trivial questions.

Best regards,
Stathis