[Gate-users] Meaning of attachTo in phase space source

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Apr 24 22:01:18 CEST 2014

Hello Stathis,

- to attach the phase space (with the attachTo command) to a volume V means
that particles information will be stored in the phase space only when they
reach the volume V

- in your question you may refer to the "useVolumeFrame" flag ? If the flag
is off (default) the particle coordinates are expressed in Gate world
coordinate system. I the flag is on, the particle coordinates are expressed
in the volume V coordinate system. It means that when using the phase space
as a source, if you change the position of the volume V, particle will also
be moved. This is not the case if the flag is off.

David

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM, David Sarrut <david.sarrut at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Stathis,
>
> - to attach the phase space (with the attachTo command) to a volume V
> means that particles information will be stored in the phase space only
> when they reach the volume V
>
> - in your question you may refer to the "useVolumeFrame" flag ? If the
> flag is off (default) the particle coordinates are expressed in Gate world
> coordinate system. I the flag is on, the particle coordinates are expressed
> in the volume V coordinate system. It means that when using the phase space
> as a source, if you change the position of the volume V, particle will also
> be moved. This is not the case if the flag is off.
>
> David
>

> > Le 23 avr. 2014 à 01:08, Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi at gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi people,
> >
> > how does attaching to world vs. attaching to some plane differs in the
> > context of phase space source files ? Is attaching to plane only
> > useful for moving sources ?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Stathis

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut