[Gate-users] GATE on cluster

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 18 11:56:39 CEST 2013

Hello

do you store the data to disk during the Simulation?
If so you should turn it off.

e.g.
/gate/actor/doseSliceTwoDimXZ/saveEveryNSeconds     60
Would cause Gate to save the date every 60 seconds.

Best regards,
Hermann

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 11:45 +0200, bassim aklan wrote:

> Hello GATE users,
>
> I am simulating now a 20-cm cylindrical phantom (length: 17.8 cm )
> filled with 18-F with an activity of 444 MBq. I installed GATE v6.1 on
> the cluster and all my simulations are running on 70 computing nodes
> with 8 CPUs. The output files of the simulation are root files with
> single, coincidence and finalCoincidence trees. My jobs on the cluster
> cause a very high load on the fileserver during GATE simulation. I
> attached a PNG-Image of the cluster's In/Output  evaluation of some of
> my jobs. Did anyone of GATE users or developer face such problem
> before or this issue at least is familiar by someone.  I would be
> thankful if someone can share with me his experience in order to solve
> this issue
>
> --
> Bassim Aklan, MSc.
> Institute of Medical Physics - Section for MR Imaging
> University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
> Henkestr. 91
> 91052 Erlangen, Germany
> phone: +49-(0)9131/85-25545
> bassim.aklan at imp.uni-erlangen.de

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien