[Gate-users] Geometry, question about Orbitting around z-axes with angle theta

Ba Es begate at ymail.com
Sun May 12 10:14:30 CEST 2013

Hello Gate user,
I want to simulate a rectangular cube that rotate around Z axes. also i want  during orbiting, always one of the cube surface make an angle theta (eg:35 deg) withe positive z direction.so i use this commands:

/gate/world/daughters/name RC
/gate/world/daughters/insert box
/gate/RC/geometry/setXLength 7. cm
/gate/RC/geometry/setYLength 21. cm
/gate/RC/geometry/setZLength 30. cm

/gate/RC/geometry/setMaterial Air

/gate/RC/placement/setTranslation 20 0 0 cm
/gate/RC/placement/setRotationAxis 0 1 0
/gate/RC/placement/setRotationAngle 35 deg

/gate/RC/moves/insert orbiting
/gate/RC/orbiting/setSpeed 1. deg/s
/gate/RC/orbiting/setPoint1 0 0 0 cm
/gate/RC/orbiting/setPoint2 0 0 1 cm

/gate/RC/vis/forceSolid

but my cube after 180 deg rotation around z axes, make angle theta withe NEGATIVE z-axes!!! & during rotation it isn't in my desire configuration.
can any one help how can i fix this problem?
thanks

Babak