[Gate-users] How long it takes to simulate NCAT phantom?

Siti Salasiah MusNMey ctsalasiah1950 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 07:41:48 CET 2013

Hi,
I hope someone can answer my question please. I am simulating NCAT phantom
(64*64*16) with ECAT scanner using a single CPU for *0.5 seconds* that it
takes approximately *3 days* to finish with
activity_range as follows:
5
0 0 0

and I obtained this figure. Now I run for 1 minute but I am not sure when
it will last. I will simulate another 7 frames for different respiratory
phase and it will take longer for simulation. Can anyone suggest the
"right" simulation time to have a good PET image to avoid try and error
simulation. I only depend on my single PC.

Thank you.

Siti
Malaysia

[image: Inline image 1]