[Gate-users] Characteristic X-rays

Pedro Luis Esquinas plesqui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:45:01 CEST 2013

Hello GATE users,

I have recently started using GATE and was trying to do some simulations of
electron point source in different material. I am looking at the particle
track information of all primaries and secondary particles.

I was expecting to find photons from atomic de-excitation in the particle
track information (I have used all range of verbose in my .mac file), but
seems like my simulations do not account for it. For example, after each
photo-electric effect, only a secondary electron is tracked, but not gamma
emission from the transition to the vacant shell.

I have tried with all types of Em physics (Penelope, Livermore,...) because
I read that fluorescence was activated by default, and also I tried the
following in my .mac file:

/run/initialize
  /process/em/deexcitation region true true true
  /process/em/fluo true
  /process/em/auger true
  /process/em/pixe true

I cannot see any photon from the mentioned source. Any suggestion?

Thank you so much in advance,

best,

J-