[Gate-users] How to Run Simulation in VGate

Amy Meldrum ameldru at g.clemson.edu
Tue Jun 4 15:12:56 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I am new to VGate, as it seemed like an easier way to use Geant4 for
simulations. However, I am confused about a few things. If I were to create
my own macro file for a simulation, and bring it into VGate, how would I go
about running it? Do I need to create my own folder or directory in VGate?
And do I need to copy the GateMaterials.db file into it? I understand the
commands to run a macro, I am just not sure if I need to be in a specific
directory, and what files need to be in the directory so that the
simulation will work.

Thank you for any help. I hope to be able to start creating simulations
shortly.

-Amy