[Gate-users] Problem compiling Gate v6.1

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 20:34:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

this won't answer your question exactly, but in your case I would try
to install the latest CLHEP (or the one that the version of Geant4 is
happy with), Geant 4.9.5 (or even Geant 4.9.6), the latest ROOT and
the development branch of Gate from the recently announced git
repository, following the instructions for CMake-based installation
(use ccmake) for all of these packages, rather than the traditional
way. Just remember to set -DGEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP=ON when compiling
Geant4.

See also http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/New_Compilation_ProcedureV6.2
(I would change these instructions to also suggest installing CLHEP
and ROOT using CMake.)

At least for me that lead to considerably less installation headaches
and if you still experience any problems with that, it would be a lot
easier to fix them when using the supported version. The installation
of Geant4 used to be a mess before they switched to CMake and you
cannot expect any support from their developers when using version
9.4.

Mojca