[Gate-users] Absorption length in optical transport

Jenny Nilsson jenny.nilsson at radfys.gu.se
Mon Jan 7 21:35:11 CET 2013

Hello,
Yes I know. But if, for example, the absorption length is 300 cm then all optical photons will not travel 300 cm before being absorbed, the beam intensity will be 1/e after one absorption length.

What I'm interested in is when in the calculations is the distance an optical photon travels determined. Is the distance sampled from a probability distribution before the actual transport begins?

Best regards
Jenny

Skickat från min iPhone