[Gate-users] confliction between rotation and ring repeater

Cheng Xu xuchengxjtu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 19:00:13 CET 2013

Dear all,

I have tried to build a geometry by first rotating a box around x-axis by an angle (i.e. 180 degree) and then using ring repeater to repeat the box around z-axis a number of times. I expect the auto-rotation of the box (i.e. the axis of all repeated boxes towards the center of the box),  but the resulted ring is distorted, with only the initial box towards the center of the ring, and all other repeated boxed tilted. The ring repeater has no problem without first rotation around an axis which is different from the rotation axis of the ring repeater. Did anyone meet this problem before and know how to solve? I use Gate v6.1.

Thanks and best regards,

Cheng