[Gate-users] CT Simulation: Compton Scattering within Water Phantom

Auranuch Lorsakul auranuch.lorsakul at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 22:30:15 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

We are performing CT simulation on a big water phantom. We would like to see all the Compton scattering within the phantom. If I am right, we should use attachPhantomSD. I would assume that if we use attachPhantomSD, all the interactions will be recorded in a root file. However, when we looked at the root file, we almost didn’t see Compton events.

I captured the histograms of "nPhantomCompton" and "ComptVolName" in this email. Does anyone have any insight with this problem?

Thanks,
Ney