[Gate-users] Compton and the Rayleigh interactions within the phantom

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 21 15:26:21 CEST 2013

Hi

have you tried adding the Rayleigh physics process?
Perhaps it was omitted in the example physics.mac

Cheers,
Hermann
On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 18:11 -0400, Auranuch Lorsakul wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am simulating a CT scanner (32*0.6 x 672*1.4 mm) with a water phantom (33 cm diameter). I want to see the Compton and Rayleigh scattering within the phantom. So far I attached "PhantomSD" to the phantom and I could see small Compton scattering and none of Rayleigh scattering. I used the original physics.mac from the example CT folder.
>
> I could see a great amount of the Compton scattering on crystals (no Rayleigh occurred), which I expect to see in the phantom as well.
>
> Could anyone suggest how to set those scattering on?
>
> Thanks,
> Ney

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien