[Gate-users] OpenGL not installing

Joel Lazewatsky joel at lazewatsky.com
Mon Aug 19 22:14:59 CEST 2013

I've finally gotten Gate to run properly. I ran the PET benchmark and the
Root output seems to match the values given.

My problem was something small, of course - I had some mistakes in the
environment variables. When I did them exactly as the installation guide
suggested (and in exactly the same order!), things worked as specified.

One thing I did notice was that, with Ubuntu 12.04, the original user
account set up during the installation did not have sufficient permission
to do the installation. The CLHEP make failed part way through with an
"access denied" message (and I needed to precede it with a sudo just to get
it to start). I had to create a second account and under that the
installation worked just as the instructions described.

Thanks to all!
Joel