[Gate-users] Artefacts in the projection.sin not at the center.

vcai6204 at uni.sydney.edu.au vcai6204 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 14:42:19 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

For those who have already acquired  tomographic views with a simulated SPECT, this might concern you.

My SPECT machine simulated rotates around a point source located at the center. The two gamma heads rotate around this reference point at a distance of 10cm around the center.

However, the image.sin that I acquire (see attachment) shows a source moving up and down as if the source was not at the center of projection.

I have gathered up two possibilities to this problem:
- Either the reference point of rotation of the heads isn't located at the center of the World.
- Or  the projection output that I acquire messes something up.

Any ideas anyone?  My eternal sympathie for those who provide hints...

Cheers,

Vincent.

Vincent Caillet

Master 2 - Université Paris-Sud- Paris 11
Postgraduate Alumni of The University of Sydney
IRSN