[Gate-users] Setting Viewpoint Theta-Phi

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Tue Aug 6 22:39:30 CEST 2013

Hi Amy,

I can't try it on my end right now, but have you tried to rebuild your geometry after each command? Try the following command:

/gate/geometry/rebuild

Marc

__________________________

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate
Department of Physics
Carleton University
Ottawa (ON)

On 2013-08-06, at 3:50 PM, Amy Meldrum <ameldru at g.clemson.edu<mailto:ameldru at g.clemson.edu>>
 wrote:

Hello all,

I am a brand new user of GATE and I'm sure this is going to sound like a petty question, but I've been battling for hours trying to figure it out. When I create a geometry (a box let's say), the z axis is originally coming into/out of the screen upon visualization, or I am looking at just the XY plane. I would like to view my geometry such that I am looking at the XZ plane, but I cannot figure out how to get this viewpoint using values for /vis/viewer/set/viewpointThetaPhi. I have been trying to figure this out for hours, but to no avail. I had tried only changing the phi value (keeping theta at 0), but the visualization does not change, and thus I am out of ideas. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Amy