[Gate-users] Regarding GeomTest Error

open researcher openresearcher90 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:43:42 CEST 2012

Hi Gate users,

I have defined a SPECThead system. After building the geometry, to confirm
whether the volumes are overlappnig or not I ran the
/geometry/test/recursive_test command.

At the beginning and at the end I get the message --

"GeomTest: no overlapping daughters detected.
GeomTest: no daughter volume extending outside mother detected.
GeomTest: no overlapping daughters detected"

but in middle I get a heap of errors like

"GeomTest Error: SolidProblem
    Spurious entering intersection point "

"GeomTest Error: SolidProblem
    Push fails to fix geometry inconsistency"

"GeomTest Error: Overshooting daughter volume
    The volume hole_phys[10415] appears to extend outside the mother volume
collimator_phys[0]
    at the following points in global coordinates: (list truncated)"

Can I just ignore them or I should sort out those errors (which is almost
tending to infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks in advance