[Gate-users] visualization problem with OpenGL in MacOSX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:17:42 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM, 山中 琢 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm having trouble with the /vis/open commands regarding OpenGL with
> Mac OSX 10.7.5.
> Some time ago, I noticed it didn't produce the complete polygon(I
> cannot explain well...) but it still worked.
> But now, when I type
> /vis/open OGL(or OGLSX, etc...)
> the visualization window doesn't come up and the whole terminal go freeze.
> Then I have to shutdown the terminal.
>
> I updated to Gate6.2 from 6.1 but same thing happened.
> This freeze occurs only in visualization part, other simulation works well.
>
> Does anyone have idea what's happening behind this?

I'm not sure if that helps you, but I'm a happy user of the
precompiled Gate.app (http://jerome.suhard.fr/gate/) where Qt works
nicely. There are some issues, but it's acceptable.

I don't know if your problems with polygons can be reproduced here
without a minimal example.

Mojca

(I tried to compile Gate 6.2 using MacPorts and some of Jérôme's
patches, but there wasn't much response from developers of Gate to
problems reported here and I would need to take more time to figure
out how exactly to compile the latest version of Gate with CMake etc.)