[Gate-users] Did not understand the command /gate/volume1/surfaces/surface1/setSurfacename surfacename

open researcher openresearcher90 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:05:23 CET 2012

Hi Gate users!

I am trying to detect Optical photons (generated
from scintillating crystal) in PMTs.
I have defined PMTs as cylindrical volume with glass as material.
As it is mentioned in Gate users guide, for detection of   optical photons
one should use a dielctric -metal surface,
 I have defined the surface between PMT volume and SPECThead volume with
REFLECTIVITY 0.05 and EFFICIENCY 0.95.

In users guide it is mentioned that 'To load properties from the
surface.xml file into the newly created surface, the name of the surface
properties that should be read must be given to the surface' using command
                            /gate/volume1/surfaces/surface1/setSurfacename
surfacename
But I am getting an error  'COMMAND NOT FOUND
</gate/pmt/surfaces/surface1/setSurfacename di_metal>' (di_metal is the
name of the surface, pmt is volume). If I don't use this
command, simulation is running without any error, but I am not able to get
image.
Any help ?
Thanks in advance!