[Gate-users] is muscle tissue already mixed with water?

Andreas Duschl duschl at hicat.de
Thu May 3 11:25:15 CEST 2012

Hi Gaters,

I would like to create a phantom which also contains muscle tissue. So my
question is: do I have to mix muscle as appears in the material database
with water to get a realistic phantom or is this already considered?

I also defined the material collagen like this:

Collagen: d=1.3g/cm3; n=4; state=Solid

                +el: name=Carbon; n=23

                +el: name=Hydrogen; n=30

                +el: name=Nitrogen; n=4

                +el:name=Oxygen; n=4

In this case in order to get a more or less realistic model of tendon I
think I have to do something like this:

Tendon: d=.. g/cm3 ; n=..

                 +mat: name=Water ; f=

                +mat:name=Collagen;f=

.

thank you

Andreas

___________________________________

Andreas Duschl - Diplommathematiker (FH)

hiCAT GmbH

Brunnenallee 6

53177 Bonn

Germany

Tel  +49(0)228-854697-36

Fax +49(0)228-854697-99

 <mailto:duschl at hicat.de> mailto:duschl at hicat.de

 <http://www.hicat.de/> http://www.hicat.de

hiCAT GmbH, Brunnenallee 6, 53177 Bonn
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Joachim Hey, Jochen Kusch
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn, Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 13452
Steuernummer:206/5924/0560

UST.-ID: DE240640137