[Gate-users] FW: GATE/STIR Ecat7 bed motion

J.Jones at surrey.ac.uk J.Jones at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 18:44:29 CET 2012

Hi,
I am using GATE 6.1.98524 and have no STIR installation yet.

I am planning how to simulate bed motion because the phantom in use is several times the dimension of the crystal ring.
GATE  documentation/code suggest that there are 4 dimensions in the data set : FrameID, GateID, DataID and BedID but only FrameID and DataID are set by Gate.
STIR documentation suggests it handles all four fields.

>From what I have read, there is nothing specifically built into GATE for bed motion and the only way I can find/think of doing this is to use, from GATE documentation,  /gate/name_volume/moves/insert translation and /gate/name_volume/translation/setSpeed and also to arrange the time frames to include a period of non capture between each counting period. Then use STIR utilities to set the file headers for STIR.

Main Question : Do you feel this a sensible and feasible way to proceed, please?

Would simply cutting the phantom into crystal ring sized pieces and treating them as independent until reassembly after STIR be simpler and as effective, or would the joins show?

Regards
John