[Gate-users] Ecat7 sinogram output. Cannot open it with a viewer

Kris Thielemans kris.f.thielemans at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:15:56 CET 2012

Hi

If you use ECAT output and want to reconstruct with STIR, you should use
STIR utilities to see if everything is alright. Some suggestions:

- list_projdata_info should give accurate info. If not, you can use
ifheaders_for_ecat7 and edit the resulting Interfile text header
accordingly.
- display_projdata allows you to do a quick visual check (some problems
though on recent Ubuntu that the new window is sometimes empty)
- extract_segments writes one 3D volume per "segment", which you can then
load into Amide or so.

Kris Thielemans
Senior Research Fellow at King's College London
Honorary Lecturer at Imperial College London
Founder of Algorithms and Software Consulting Ltd