[Gate-users] FW: Ecat7 sinogram output. Cannot open it with a viewer

J.Jones at surrey.ac.uk J.Jones at surrey.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 17:13:22 CET 2012

   Hi,
I am new to GATE and use Gate 6.1.98524.
I want to use the ecat7 module to produce ecat7 sinograms for processing by STIR.
But first I would like to inspect the GATE / ecat7sinograms with a file viewer.

I based my run on examples/examplePET/PET_Ecat_System.mac..
Gate produces a non-empty file yourSinogram.S but I can not view it.
With Amide 'unable to read file' is reported.
With ecatssum from Turku PET centre 'Missing Matrix/matrices' is reported.
With Vinci (Latest down loaded yesterday.) 'valid ecat7 file but wrong plugin'.

Main Question: Does anybody know of a viewer that should work?

Whilst trying to read what is going on I noticed that 'Gate to Sinogram' was reporting
288 azimuthal bins but a few lines later GateSinoToEcat was reporting just 144.
Changing mashing from 2 to 1 increased the output file size but viewers would still
not open the yourSinogram.S file.  Does anybody think that might be significant?

Further reading led to one section of comment that indicated that 2D sinograms were
being built but another suggested 4D sinograms. Does anybody know which is correct?

Thanks
John