[Gate-users] Coincidence Window

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Thu Feb 16 14:00:17 CET 2012

Hi Taro!

I'm not sure about Gate v5, but in v6.1, there is a constant called MIN_COINC_OFFSET defined as 500 ns in the file [your Gate installation]/source/digits_hits/include/GateCoincidencePulse.hh Then, in [your Gate installation]/source/digits_hits/src/GateCoincidenceSorter.cc (line 150), there is a line where it checks if your coincidence window is smaller than MIN_COINC_OFFSET / 4.

So, this is a limitation in the source code of Gate. You could try modifying either the MIN_COINC_OFFSET or the check in GateCoincidenceSorter, then recompiling Gate.

However, I don't know the reason for this MIN_COINC_OFFSET and I don't know if changing the value will cause problems or not. Maybe someone can explain the reasoning behind this MIN_COINC_OFFSET and why it's needed?

Good luck!
Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate