[Gate-users] About ASCCI Singles output

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 7 13:37:30 CET 2012

Some answers:

1) This is the position of the positron-electron annihilation, not the position of the interaction within the crystal. It makes sense that it occurs very near your source.

2) I don't know. Singles are what you get after the digitizer processes your hits. They should be in your crystal.

3) I don't know.

4) The volume IDs  are exactly what the name says: the ID (identification number) of the volume in which the hit (or single) occurred. Each volume in each level of the hierarchy of the system you're using (e.g. base, rsector, module, etc.) gets a unique ID number. The volumes get numbered sequentially. If you use a cubic array repeater, then the volumes are numbered 0 to N-1 (where N is the number of volumes you have in your array) and they increase first along the x axis, then along y, then along z. For a ring repeater, they increase in the counterclockwise direction, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps!
Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate