[Gate-users] moving source

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Apr 17 18:52:06 CEST 2012

Hi Naser!

This was answered on the mailing list, so I'm mostly recycling my previous message. :)

Moving a source in Gate v6.0 is quite easy. You can simply attach any source to a moving volume and the source will move with the volume. Use the following command to attach a source to a volume:

/gate/source/[Source name]/attachTo   [Volume Name]

Now, if I remember correctly (I'd suggest you check this by yourself, just to make sure!), when you attach a source to a volume, its position becomes relative to the volume. So if you want the source in the centre of the volume, use:

/gate/source/[Source name]/gps/centre 0. 0. 0. cm

To move the volume, refer to the chapter about "Defining a geometry" in the Gate Wiki:
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6:Defining_a_geometry#Moving_a_volume

I hope this helps!

Don't forget to use appropriately small time slices so that your source moves smoothly.

Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate
Department of Physics