[Gate-users] Installation of Gate 6.1

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 10 08:43:12 CEST 2012

Hello

Be referring to
<<unfortunately the root program doesn't run
do you mean you do not have root privileges (e.g. you can not log in as
root user) or do you mean the CERN program ROOT?

In case of the CERN program ROOT you might try a different (e.g. newer)
version. The current release is version 5.32.

If you do not have ROOT privileges, you might try to install GATE and
the corresponding tools in a directory where you have write permissions.
Usually this is your home direcory.
To do so, follow the instructions on
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/New_Compilation_Procedure
and replace the path
/opt/simulation
with something else e.g.
/home/yourUserName/simulationFolder

Unfortunately, to compile GATE you will need some packages (compiler,
libraries etc...). If you do not have them installed, you will have to
ask your administrator to install this packages.

If you do have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Hermann

--
DI Hermann Fuchs