[Gate-users] Simulations abort after 'std::bad_alloc'

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 21 18:56:29 CEST 2011

Hi!

I'm running a simulation on a computer cluster and some of the jobs aborted with the following error messages:

[G4] Start Run processing.
Abort
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc

>From what I could gather, this error can be caused because the system on which the job is running runs out of memory. Is there any way to avoid such problems?

For your information, I'm using Gate 6.1 with Geant4 4.9.4 patch01. Each computer on the cluster has 8GB of RAM, but it is shared between 4 cores, I believe.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate