[Gate-users] voxelized phantom setup

Naser Darwish naser.darwish at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:08:20 CEST 2011

Dear gaters,

I am having trouble setting running the XCAT with GATE. I am able to
generate the act.bin and atn.bin for the phantom and for the source. I then
add them up. Some things I am not sure still is how to specify the source
with to a contrast ratio of 8 to 1 and how to specify activity (e.g.
15mCi/70kg).

I use medcon for converting the binary files to uint16 using the following
command:   medcon -f act.bin -c intf -i
This generates a m000-act_1.h33 and and m000-act_1.h33.
For GATE, I specify the attenuation range as below and the activity range
following. I know the activity is wrong but I am just trying to see if I can
get GATE to do the simulation without errors and I will correct the activity
when I know how to specify it. Now I get an error also listed below. I
appreciate your help greatly!

If I use the example in GATE for voxelized source with the brain_phantom,
the simulation runs with no errors

Best regards,
Naser

9
1       Air             true 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.2
2       Body    true 0.9 0.6 0.2 0.0
3       Muscle          true 1.0 0.0 1.0 0.2
4       Cartilage       true 0.8 0.0 0.8 0.2
5       Kidney  true 1.0 1.0 0.0 0.2
6       Liver           true 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.2
7       Spleen  true 0.8.0 0.8.0 0.0 0.2
8       SpineBone   true 0.8 0.8 0.8 0.2
9       RibBone         true 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.2

3
17   17    1000
163   163    0
204   204    0

[Core-0] Initialization of geometry
[Core-0] Initialization of physics
[Core-0] Initialization of actors
[Core-0]
[Core-0]
[Core-0]  GATE version name: gate_v6.0_p01
[Core-0]                     Copyright : OpenGATE Collaboration
[Core-0]                     Reference : Phys. Med. Biol. 49 (2004)
4543-4561
[Core-0]                     WWW : http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/
[Core-0]
[Core-0]
[Core-0] Starting macro GE_DLS_3D_APR2006_42rings.mac
GeomTest: no daughter volume extending outside mother detected.
GeomTest: no overlapping daughters detected.
GeomTest: no daughter volume extending outside mother detected.
GeomTest: no overlapping daughters detected.
src/GateMaterialDatabase.cc (l.126): GateMaterialDatabase: could not find
the definition for material '' in material files
[G4] WARNING - Attempt to delete the physical volume store while geometry
closed !
[G4] WARNING - Attempt to delete the logical volume store while geometry
closed !
[G4] WARNING - Attempt to delete the solid store while geometry closed !
[G4] WARNING - Attempt to delete the region store while geometry closed !