[Gate-users] is there an alternative way to count photons?

Andreas Duschl duschl at hicat.de
Wed Nov 23 17:30:17 CET 2011

Dear Gaters,

I've already set up an application performing a CT-Scans, which seems to
work just fine. One disadvantage though is that  performing one CT-Scan
takes fairly a long time. So my question is: Is there a way to simply count
the photons within a predefined area which is separated into squares
without setting up a "real" detector and  digitizer? I think this might
reduce the calculation time due to the physical effects which take place
within the detector (I'm not interested in these).

thanks for your help

Andreas

___________________________________

Andreas Duschl - Diplommathematiker (FH)

hiCAT GmbH

Brunnenallee 6

53177 Bonn

Germany

Tel  +49(0)228-854697-36

Fax +49(0)228-854697-99

 <mailto:duschl at hicat.de> mailto:duschl at hicat.de

 <http://www.hicat.de/> http://www.hicat.de

hiCAT GmbH, Brunnenallee 6, 53177 Bonn
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Joachim Hey, Jochen Kusch
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn, Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 13452
Steuernummer:206/5924/0560

UST.-ID: DE240640137