[Gate-users] oscillating source

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Nov 1 19:53:34 CET 2011

As far as I know, in Gate 6.1, you don't need to use the "confine" command to move a source anymore. Besides, this confinement method to move a source is extremely inefficient.

Instead, you can attach a source to any volume using the following command:

/gate/source/[SOURCE NAME]/attachTo      [VOLUME NAME]

If the volume moves, the source will move with it. This is explained in the users guide, but as I said, ignore the section on confinement.

Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate
Department of Physics