[Gate-users] GATE ECAT7 Help

Bohnenberger, Hendrik Hendrik.Bohnenberger at uniklinikum-saarland.de
Thu May 19 09:20:08 CEST 2011

Hello Jonathan

I had a similar problem with the ECAT output in vGate. You can solve this problem as follows.
First download the 'GATE 5.0.0 Installation Guide for Ubuntu' from the GATE homepage under Documentation --> Installing Gate. Included in this file you find the ECAT libraries with a custom ECAT makefile. Copy the Ecat libraries in your gate folder. In the makefile you have to change "CC=cc" to "CC=gcc" (1st line). Then just do make and make install. After that you have to set the environment variables. Just type 'export ECAT7_HOME=path/of/the/ECAT_libraries' into the env_gate.sh file. Source this file and recompile gate itself.
Hope it helps

Kind regards

Hendrik Bohnenberger