[Gate-users] Attaching process problem

Kiara Govia goviakm at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 13 17:42:40 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to use the CPET that I found in the user manual,
however I keep getting this error:

*** Break *** segmentation violation
Attaching to program: /proc/6595/exe, process 6595
Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Below is what I use to try to get it to run. I checked if there's any
overlapping using /geometry/test/recursive_test and no errors came up:

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase GateMaterials.db

#     W O R L D
/gate/world/geometry/setXLength 150. cm
/gate/world/geometry/setYLength 150. cm
/gate/world/geometry/setZLength 150. cm

#  V I S U A L I Z A T I O N
/vis/open OGLSX
/vis/viewer/reset
/vis/viewer/set/viewpointThetaPhi 60 60
/vis/viewer/zoom 3
/vis/viewer/set/style surface
/vis/drawVolume
/tracking/storeTrajectory 1
/vis/scene/endOfEventAction accumulate
/vis/viewer/update

# BASE = CPET SYSTEM
/gate/world/daughters/name CPET
/gate/world/daughters/insert cylinder
/gate/CPET/setMaterial Air
/gate/CPET/geometry/setRmax 60.0 cm
/gate/CPET/geometry/setRmin 0.0 cm
/gate/CPET/geometry/setHeight 35.0 cm
#/gate/CPET/vis/forceWireframe

# FIRST LEVEL = CRYSTAL
/gate/CPET/daughters/name crystal
/gate/CPET/daughters/insert cylinder
/gate/crystal/setMaterial NaI
/gate/crystal/geometry/setRmax 47.5 cm
/gate/crystal/geometry/setRmin 45.0 cm
/gate/crystal/geometry/setHeight 25.6 cm
/gate/crystal/geometry/setPhiStart 0 deg
/gate/crystal/geometry/setDeltaPhi 59.9999 deg
#/gate/crystal/vis/setColor green

# REPEAT THE CURVE SECTOR INTO THE WHOLE RING
/gate/crystal/repeaters/insert ring
/gate/crystal/ring/setRepeatNumber 6

/gate/systems/CPET/crystal/attach crystal
/gate/crystal/attachCrystalSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kiara