[Gate-users] Using hits information with fastI124-source in Gate 6.1

Sophie Sauerzapf sophie.sauerzapf at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 31 14:55:39 CEST 2011

Using hits information with fastI124-source in Gate 6.1

Dear Gate users,

I would like to distinguish between "right"  (both detected photons are
511 keV and come from the positron decay) and "wrong" (at least one
detected photon is emitted directly from the source) coincidences in a
simulation using the fastI124-source. According to the description in
GateCrystalHit.hh and having a closer look at some simulated data,
photonID (0 if not caused by one of the 2 gammas) and parentID (0 if
directly emitted from the source?) would be the suitable candidates. But
analyzing the energy spectra, I saw some differences between using the
photonID and the parentID concerning the randoms distribution. Does
anybody have experience in using the hits information to figure out
particles which are directly emitted from the source? Does anybody know
some more details about the hits variables (e.g. what is exactly
primaryID)?

Best, Sophie