[Gate-users] MU and bad_alloc

catarina veiga catarinavveiga at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:24:35 CEST 2011

Dear users,

I am trying to use GATE on my personal computer to acquire dose deposited in
a proton treatment plan. I need some good accuracy in my calculations, but
for some of my simulations I keep having the simulation aborting, with the
error std bad_alloc. I did some research and understand that this is related
with memory problems. Is there any way to overcome this kind of issues,
without having to reduce the number of events?

Also, I use GATE V5 to do my simulations. I read that on new version V6
there are some improvements in definition of a TPS pencil beam source. In
particular, I am interested in how the conversion of MU to number of
particles has been developped (for protons). Can you inform me of the name
of the files that have the C++ for this so I can take a look at the code?

Kind regards,
Catarina Veiga