[Gate-users] Dose Actor - Problem with 3D vs 1D

Loic Grevillot loic.grevillot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:29:26 CEST 2011

Dear Hermann,

The blue curve, that you call "strange Bragg peak" looks like a dose along
the beam axis (along the beam axis for a single spot you have this behavior
due to multiple Coulomb scattering: no transversal charge equilibrium).
In contrary, what you call "normal Bragg peak" is an integrated depth-dose
profile (1D).
If you use a 3D resolution, you have to integrate the dose in each plan in
order to recalculate the integrated depth-dose profile (1D).
I made similar tests and it works for me.

Loïc Grevillot, Ph.D. Student
PARTNER project, CERN

IBA Particle Therapy / Creatis-LRMN
Tel (IBA):         +32 10 487 729