[Gate-users] missing event IDs in hits file

Marlen Priegnitz m.priegnitz at hzdr.de
Thu Jan 27 09:52:30 CET 2011

Hi,

Maybe this is, because some events don't hit the detector but leave the
"World" without any interaction in sensitive detectors?

Kind regards,
Marlen

Rajaram, Ramya (H USA) wrote:
> Dear Gaters,
>
> I am currently trying to simulate a very simple set-up: a point source
> at a certain distance from a detector inside a SPECThead. All the
> volumes are attached to either phantomSD or crystalSD. ASCII output is
> enabled and in the Hits.dat file that is generated after the simulation,
> some eventIDs are missing. Why would that be? I thought eventID is the
> one unique and continuous column that helps keep track of all the list
> mode information across the Hits, Singles, SinglesAdder,
> SinglesBlurring, etc data files. Is that not right?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ramya

Marlen Priegnitz             |  Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf
Tel. : 0351/260 3307         |
Fax  : 0351/260 3700         |  Postfach 510119
Email: m.priegnitz at hzdr.de   |  D-01314 Dresden
____ACHTUNG - ATTENTION
Das Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf hieß bis zum 31. Dezember 2010
Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf.
Before January 1, 2011 the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf was
officially called Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf.