[Gate-users] Energy Distribution and positron annihilation (Gate 6.0.p01)

Alexandre Dupas alexandre.dupas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:17:37 CET 2011

Dear Emmanuel,

What materials do you use in the definition of the geometry of the
phantom? In air, our simulation showed us a positron annihilation
distance of maximum 2m. In denser materials, the distance shrinks
(e.g. around 2cm in water). Thus, you can except much more positron
annihilation inside your detector since the material is denser, when
the positron enter the crystal it most certainly annihilate instantly.

Well, of course if you have defined a correct geometry with dense
material, the previous statements are not applicable and something
else must be wrong. If you have a Gate macro that shows the issue, we
can have a look.

I don't have any answer for the positron at rest, I actually never tried that.

Best regards,
Alexandre
--
Alexandre Dupas