[Gate-users] delayed cincidences error

ccon4956 at uni.sydney.edu.au ccon4956 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 03:33:45 CET 2011

Dear GATE users,

I am encountering an error when running PET simulations with a delayed coincidence window. Error is as follows:

[G4-cerr] Delayed coincidence with same event ID !!!
[G4-cerr] *** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***

I think the error is coming from the 'noise' module in the digitizer, which seems to assign the same event ID to all noise events (event_ID=-2). The simulation then aborts with the above error message whenever 2 noise events register in the delayed coincidence window. If I disable the noise module, then the error goes away.

Does anyone have any experience with this error or a possible solution (other than disabling the noise module!) ??

Thanks & Best Regards,

Chris Constable
(University of Sydney- Brain & Mind Research Institute)