[Gate-users] About the Installation Guide on the wiki

Jasper C jaspercwork at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:39:32 CET 2011

I'm currently installing GATE on a fresh Linux install, and I noticed
something in the installation guide that I though I should check:

http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/InstallationGuide

Under the section "Installing Gate", "Some hints", there is a portion
that reads:

To be able to run Gate or ROOT from any directory, you have to add the
absolute path of each binary to the native $PATH environment variable.
To do so, add the following line in the 'env_gate.csh' or
'env_gate.sh' file:

For cshell version:
setenv PATH ${PATH}:${ROOTSYS}/bin:${GATEHOME}/bin/${G4SYSTEM}

Or for bash version:
export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib:$GATEHOME/bin/$G4SYSTEM

Should that last line read:

export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin:$GATEHOME/bin/$G4SYSTEM

instead?

Also it seems that the script already will add the ROOT /lib directory
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the GATE binary path to PATH, so we do not need
to add these two items? (Installing from v6.0 p01)

Thanks and best regards,

Jasper