[Gate-users] Depth dose profile in different materials

"Séverine Rossomme" severine.rossomme at uclouvain.be
Mon Aug 15 18:06:23 CEST 2011

Dear Gate users,

I am trying to determine a depth dose profile for a proton beam in
different materials (with Gate v6.0). For water, results are excellent
but, for a different material, the value of the range isn't correct.

For all materials, my file “GateMaterials.db” is completed (density,
composition) and the ionization potential is defined according to the
value given by ICRU's value. I don't understand why I don't obtain good
results !

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Severine Rossomme