[Gate-users] Problems with Root Output: Hits;9 Hits;10

irene.torres at ific.uv.es irene.torres at ific.uv.es
Tue Apr 19 14:55:34 CEST 2011

Hi Didier,

I am having a similar behavior in the output of the simulations as
David Watts commented it. When I open the root-file after the
simulation I observed two trees of Hits and Singles. I have checked
the entries of these trees and I get the following:

Hits,351 --> Entries: 351000
Hits,352 --> Entries: 351368
Singles,143--> Entries: 143000
Singles,144--> Entries: 143227

Changing the activity (from 100 kBq to 10 kBq) and also the
acquisition time (from 25 s to 250 s) to keep the same emitted events,
I got something very similar:

Hits,350 --> Entries: 350000
Hits,351 --> Entries: 350956
Singles,143--> Entries: 143000
Singles,144--> Entries: 143343

Then changing the activity and time again (from 10 kBq to 200 kBq and
250 s to 3 s), I can see the two trees again, this time with different
numbers:

Hits,85 --> Entries: 84231
Hits,84 --> Entries: 84000
Singles,35--> Entries: 34467
Singles,34--> Entries: 34000

When I am using the root-macros to analyze the output, the number of
entries corresponds always to the highest (and not round) number. Is
this a problem? Or just a representation that Root is doing without
any consequences?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Irene