[Gate-users] emission point map

Didier Benoit benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
Mon Apr 11 21:57:30 CEST 2011

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes you're right, you can't store the event which were not detected in
ASCII ou ROOT files. Maybe the only way is to use the actors
(http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6.1:Readout_parameters_for_Radiotherapy_applications:_Actors),
there is surely in the actors a command to store the vertex for each event.
There is another way, but you have to write in the source code. You have
the GateVSource and/or GateSourceMgr class and you store in a file the
position of you primary vertex, you will have all events.

Kind Regards,
Didier

On 04/11/2011 01:13 PM, BRARD Emmanuel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well again, I need all of them even the events which were not detected. I don't think this is available in those file, is it ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Emmanuel B.
>
> Le 11 avr. 2011 à 12:50, Didier Benoit a écrit :
>
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> If you are using the output file root, you can access to the source position. The source position is stored in the Singles tree. In the ascii file too, you are all information in gateSingles.dat (http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6.1:Data_output)
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Didier
>>
>> On 04/08/2011 10:08 AM, BRARD Emmanuel wrote:
>>> Dear Gate users,
>>>
>>> I went entirely through the user guide but I could not find if it is possible to save the emission point of the source. Is there a way to do so ?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Emmanuel B.
>>
>> --
>> Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer
>>
>> Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
>> IMNC – UMR 8165 CNRS – Université Paris 7 – Université Paris 11
>> Campus d’Orsay
>> Bâtiment 440
>> 91405 ORSAY Cedex
>>
>> Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76
>> E-mail : benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
>> http://www.imnc.in2p3.fr

Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer
Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
IMNC – UMR 8165 CNRS – Université Paris 7 – Université Paris 11
Campus d’Orsay
Bâtiment 440
91406 ORSAY Cedex

Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76