[Gate-users] Accolinearity angle distribution in root output

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Fri Nov 26 22:44:28 CET 2010

Hi!

In previous versions of Gate (at least version 4; not sure about version 5), the root output contained a graph of the Accolinearity angle distribution. In Gate version 6, this graph (along with some others) is missing. I noticed that this option was disabled in the file GateToRoot.cc but I'm not sure why.

If I enable the option in the source code, then the histogram only gets filled with 0's. I checked the source code and saw that the way the angle is calculated calls for some variables called dxg1, dxg2, dyg1, etc., and they are always 0 in the way the code proceeds.

Is this a bug? Or is this a feature that wasn't finished in time for the release of version 6? (thus why it's disabled in the source code)

In any case, these graphs would be useful to me. Does anyone have a patch to re-enable them in Gate v6?

Thanks!

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate (Medical Physics)
Department of Physics