[Gate-users] septa penetration

Chen, Yu Yu.Chen at umassmed.edu
Fri Mar 5 22:36:55 CET 2010

We are using the method Simon mentioned to deal with completely absorption cases.

We use Uranium (Z=92?) and density=10000(?) to successfully stop all particles in the material. I checked root file to see the ranges are all within micrometers.

I do not know if there is a problem with arbitrary high Z number (Geant4 may have a limitation on effective Z?).

Yu Chen, PhD
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Building 2, Room 1H46A
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW