[Gate-users] another gate for dummies

DWORAK Dimitri dimitridworak at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:57:57 CEST 2010

hi Ismet

i don't know Gate very well (i have discover it there are just two weeks for my internship) but i will try to help you.

    1. Gate v6 does't seem to have a Preinit mode but just a Idle mode. I think that some informations of wiki are a copy past of the help of V5 (in some exemples some command lines which have changed with  version haven't been corrected)
    2.Do you use the Virtual machine or have you install Gate in windows?
    3.Root is a software which can be use to exploit results of gate simulation. He just read .root files.
/control/execute *.mac is the command line to start a script when gate is launch. if Gate isn't launch you must use "Gate *mac"
    4.Outpout of simulation can be .root or a .dat files (that depend of what you have put in your script) for my part i use .dat. I don't know how to create sinogram i developp by own fonctions to exploit results of .dat result's files.
    5.You can copy exemples line by line but. Whithout the error code it's hard to help

If you have other questions dimitridworak at hotmail.com

Dimitri